Monday, September 16, 2019

Finish, finished and a bit of progress!

I finally get to put on my dancing shoes and do my happy dance!

Here's my finish. It didn't take long to complete the little feather at the top....


The colours (just two) were gorgeous...


 ....and the little details, like french knots added visual interest as well as stitching interest. Yes, I'm one of those weird people who likes doing french knots!


The two smaller feathers were supposed to be done using two strands of thread, but I thought they might look too heavy so I opted to use just a single strand....I think it looks perfect.

 As for the 'Finished' part in the title, well I framed the Ice Cardinal design....


I thought the blue/grey mat went perfectly with the colours in the stitching and warmed the whole thing up compared to using a black mat. A simple black frame completed the look.

And onto the 'progress' part of the title, well I picked up the wolves design again. Since it's been a while since I worked on this design, here's the cover picture just to remind you of how it will look...


 ....and here's my progress picture...


Still lots to do!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I love the way you framed the Cardinal. It makes the picture even more beautiful. I like the others too, especially the wolves.

Katie said...

I just love the feather piece. So beautiful. The cardinal looks perfect in his new home. Wonderful job. Great work on your WIP.

Meg said...

The feathers stitch is stunning! Absolutely gorgeous. Well done! Nice job with the framing, too. Love the mat colors. The cardinal pops!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on everything, but especially the framing of Ice Cardinal. Given your love-hate relationship with the black fabric and problem with the threads I bet you're glad he's well and truly finished now. Really looking forward to seeing more of the wolves; it's such a gorgeous design. :)

Ariadne said...

Your finished pieces look lovely. But the wolves look so difficult. AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the feathers, I love the simple use of colour in that one.
The framing for the cardinal is perfect too, great choices.

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, your finished feather is so lovely, those colours are gorgeous!
The Ice Cardinal looks fabulous framed, will you keep it out year round?
Your wolves are coming along beautifully, so nice to see some faces.