Monday, August 5, 2019

A seagull and chips!


Not much stitching getting done here unfortunately.

When we came back from Scotland, the garden was badly needing some TLC....all the rain and the sun had caused the grass and weeds to grow with abandon. Deciding to tackle it, I donned the gardening gloves and bashed ahead with the weeding. So what has weeding got to do with me not stitching? Well I am very allergic to poison ivy, so much so that I just have to go near it and I end up with that horrible blistering rash. And that dear friends, is what happened. The rash is very painful and the heat makes it worse. Medication from the doctor helps slightly, but it is so uncomfortable to do anything!  The little seagull was finished before my encounter with the poison ivy and will hopefully  be finished into a card soon.


You may remember the mess the back of this piece was when I was stitching on the plane and didn't have any scissors to snip the threads on the back....


Yikes....how awful! Well Rachel from the blog Ten Hour Stitcher  suggested a wonderful and simple solution.....just bring the threads back up to the front of the design so they don't get tangled! How simple is that - and definitely worth sharing! Thanks Rachel :)

Fingers crossed for a finish next week!

Until then....happy stitching!

Rhona


5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh I just love that seagull. My hubby is the same way with poison ivy. Hope it's all cleared up now.

Rachel said...

I hope your rash is getting better now; that's not a very nice welcome home. You're welcome for the tip. Sometimes the little things can make such a big difference. :)

Mary said...

Oh Rhona, as one who gets the dreaded poison ivy I really feel for you. I sure hope your feeling better soon. YOur seagull is very cute, if your near salt water I find that helps sooth your skin...

FlashinScissors said...

Poor you! Hope you are over the poison ivy now.
I love the seagull piece ..... what magazine did it come from?
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Ouch, what a painful way to stop stitching!

I rarely part threads but when I do, I do the same as Rachel so they don't tangle.